Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas at Lake Pointe Part 2.

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas, at least on the stage. ( Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.)


Part of my job for this week was making sure all the extra stuff was setup in our broadcast audio suite. In order to accomodate all the orchestra and extra vocalists, we brought in a side car console, well 2 actually.


The Soundcraft Series 5 is the normal console in the room and the Yamaha and Mackie are just for this weekend. All of the orchestra instruments are close mic'd with AT 350's. Plus, there are several over heads, both AKG 414's and Neuman KM84's. The Yamaha is mixing 28 channels of just the orchestra and the main stereo mix is feed to the Series 5. The Mackie is mixing all the video lines as well as a ProTools rig that will be used for one song. The video and the ProTools are sub mixed as 2 stereo pairs and sent to the Series 5. There are a total of 88 real inputs, not counting EFX returns. I spent a good bit of time getting all to familiar with the patch bay in there.


Normally, there are only about 10 patches for a weekend as most of the lines are normaled. Lastly, I patched 72 channels of hard disk recording to all the consoles.
The entire team, including many volunteers, worked hard to put together an amazing service for this weekend and Christmas eve. We are expecting as many as 15,000 people for our services. Creating a great experience where people can connect with what God has for them is our primary driving force. I am truly thankful for being a part of such a great team.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Jason, what do you think of the AT350's on the orchestra? Those were my 2nd option for our Christmas strings.

12/21/2007 01:59:00 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

I've not heard them on the orchestra yet, rehearsals are tomorrow. In just line checking them they sounded very warm to me. I suspect placement will be vital. I'll post more later.

BTW, I just noticed your post time. Wow, and I thought I was up late!

12/21/2007 12:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home