Saturday, October 06, 2007

Picking up the pace

Life seems to be moving faster again. Its been 2 months now since I had a regular job. Honestly, I think it wasn't until I found another job that began to unwind a bit. I have not had more than a couple weeks at once away from working for almost 20 years, with the exception of being in the hospital for emergency surgery a few years ago. I've had the opprotunity to read a great deal and hear from God about what he wants from me. I believe I'm on the right road.
This is also the first time in more than 10 years that I have not mixed any audio for more than a month. Mixing is a skill in many ways and I almost wonder what the time away from a console might do to my skills. I suspect it may take me longer to get where I want to be with a mix. One of the things that is important in live audio in particular is the ability to get things sounding good very quickly, even if its just a rehearsal. The upside for me lately has been my time just listening to music. I sometimes forget how much pleasure I get from just listening to really good stuff. I've also been able to catch a number of artists in concert on HDNet. They have all been fantastic. I'm trying to catch as many of these as I can, for both enjoyment and for learning. It's amazing to me what I pickup just watching and listening to concerts.
We head to Texas on Wednesday. My wife and I are both very excited to get there. I hope to be able to spend some time my first week getting a handle on all the tech stuff at Lake Pointe. They have so many systems its going to take a while to get up to speed on everything. Like any good geek, I like new toys and can't wait to get started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home