Monday, July 02, 2007

Staying humble

I did something rather goofy today, which happens regularly but today I am admitting it. I do consider myself a reasonably decent tech arts guy, but sometimes God finds it important to keep me humble and remind me to laugh at myself. Today I needed to get an additional Countryman headset for one of our pastors. I went and got the belt pack and E6, put in new batteries, etc., and I asked our volunteer sound guy for today, Chris, to get it dialed in as I spoke from the stage. As I began to speak I watched Chris turning knobs and looking a little confused. He then looked behind the console checking wires, looking at the receiver and the confused look on his face continued. Trying to be empowering to my volunteers I figured he was more than capable enough to get things going without my interference so I just continued my "Can you here me now" type of thing from the stage. After a few more seconds of nothing I decided I should go back to the booth and try to help Chris. As I stepped down from the stage, I looked down and had to stop and laugh. Yes, I did have the belt pack turned on, but I forgot to plug the mic into it! DOH! I tell Chris what I had done and he just smiles real big and finishes dialing things in, never to mentioned it again when I do get back to the booth. Oh well, I guess I needed a good laugh this morning.

Have you ever done something completely goofy like that?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I would have said something when you got back to the booth . . . I just wish I could have been there . . . rats!

7/05/2007 05:44:00 PM  
Blogger James Attaway said...

high impedance air gap... classic

7/29/2007 08:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home