Wednesday, September 12, 2007

On the Journey

My former pastor at Fellowship Church in Knoxville, TN loves to use the phrase "On the journey". The past few weeks I have felt those words in my heart more than ever before. It has very much been a journey for me in every way. Most recently it has been a physical journey as I traveled all over the country visiting churches. Some I interviewed with I am sure you would know, others you've probably never heard of, I certainly hadn't. What I think for me has been most satisfying thru this process is God's revealing nature. I've had several offers and I truly believe that God revealed to me the place he wanted me to be. It was not an easy thing to walk away from a chance to work with one of the best known churches in the country, but I know it wasn't the right place at this time. I thank God that He made it plain to me. My prayer all along was open the right door and close the others. While some doors did close, I am excited I have walked thru the door He opened for me.
I will be the Director of Media Services at Lake Pointe Church in Rockwall, TX, just outside Dallas. I'll basically be doing the same kinds of things I've always done just on a larger scale. Lake Pointe is big into church planting and multi-site. I love those things. They really care about making community for people and part of doing that is bringing the church to the communities around the area rather than make people drive an hour to church. I will be involved with all the campuses at different times as a producer as well. It is a great opportunity and one that fits me very well.

Now, I just have to find a place to live...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is a great church doing great things!

9/13/2007 09:18:00 PM  
Blogger Jason Curlee said...

Awesome bro...good to see you end up in a great place...

9/14/2007 12:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jason bet you didn't know I knew about your blog. Great job, happy for your new job! Kendall Wayne Cochran III You can find me on myspace!

9/15/2007 12:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jason,
I found your blog. I talked to Amy a couple of weeks ago. I have been praying for you guys. I think of Isaiah 43: 1-3, when I see where you guys are right now. Myers is in Houston--not sure how close you guys are to Houston.
Peace,
Karen

9/15/2007 08:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats & i look forward to meeting you :) my husband is in media too.

9/17/2007 10:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home