Wednesday, October 17, 2007

And so it begins

New beginnings and adventures are both a bit scary and a lot exciting. I'm slowly learning the new people and processes and systems here at Lake Pointe. Since Lake Pointe is a multi-site church the amount of information that I need to assimilate is significant. Then to add on the fact that LP is a mostly Mac organization means I have learned more new things in the last couple of days than I have in long time.

Since I visited LP the first time about a month ago, they have had the main room retuned. I noticed a dramatic difference the first service I attend this past weekend. It made everything more focused and increased the intelligibility much higher. I'm working on a long write up about system tuning that I will hope to get out soon.

On the home front, I am annoyed that the only internet service I can get is DSL at a max of 3Meg a sec. Why can't the cable company get service where I am living. Its right in the middle of town. I had been very pleased with my cable internet in VA where I was getting a solid 8Meg speed with a burst speed of 16 for the first 20-30 seconds on a big download. Plus I had an extremely stable IP address. It had only changed once in almost 2 years and that was only because it went from Adelphia to Comcast. I neeeeeeeeedddddd my speed! Hopefully in the next day or two I will have some service at home. Till then happy mixing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason Curlee said...

awesome to see what your doing Jason...keep it up.

10/17/2007 05:35:00 PM  
Blogger James Attaway said...

How's that article on system tuning coming? I'm excited to read it.

10/26/2007 01:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home