Sunday, February 04, 2007

Superbowl Part 1

I've been a Colts fan since they were in Baltimore. When they drafted Peyton Manning it sealed the deal for me. I grew up in east Tennessee where the University of Tennessee football is considered a forth part of the trinity, Father, Son, Holy Spirit and football. For some people that order will be in reverse. I lived in Knoxville during the Peyton Manning era and what a great time it was. I remember hearing stories of all the new baby boys and girls being born named Peyton. The street that was renamed Peyton Manning Ave. I was certainly thrilled to see the Colts and Peyton win on the biggest stage.

Big congrats to Tony Dungee for being a fine man of God, that never let the pressures of the game effect his faith, character and principles. I sincerely hope his positive influence carries over to other major sports teams coaching and management.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home