Monday, February 05, 2007

Free at Last

Here is a video we used Sunday. Pastor Kent is doing a series on addictions. This video was shot in DC at the Lincoln memorial. I am very pleased with the way it came out. For the first time since I've been at CFC, the congregation actually applauded for a video. I was shocked. Typically, this church is fairly conservative, particularly the first service.



**Begin nerd speak**

I used a great deal of keyframing in this video. The moves you see with Kent were all done in post with keyframes. It would probably be better to do camera moves during the original shot, but I do gain considerable control this way and can always undo mistakes. I am happy that Vegas makes keyframing easy to do. I am able to hide certain flaws using the technique, such as hiding certain background distractions by zooming in tighter. Makes for a more interesting shot as well. Unfortunately, I was very sick the day we had schedule to do this shot, so I asked one of our volunteer camera guys and my uber assistant JP to take care of it. The lesson I learned is that I must spend the time to story board these videos. I spent twice as long editing it all because I was out for the shot and didn't give clear direction to the team. Kent knew the content part but the footage was a part we had not been able to talk about before that day. I had planned to do it but was sick for about 3 days before the shot. Lesson learned. Storyboarding is vital to a quality shoot. When I have done it in the past my results are always better. In the end it all worked out but the time it took to get there was far more than I really should have spent. I'm currently investigating some story board software to help the process along.

**End Nerd Speak**

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home