Thursday, April 03, 2008

Bent Tree Bible Fellowship

Today I had the privilege of hanging out with Ryan Howell, (please start blogging Ryan) the Tech Director at Watermark Church and Greg Atkinson from Bent Tree Bible Fellowship. I have written about Watermark before and continue to see great things they are doing there. It was great to be able to talk with guys who are so passionate about what they do and so like minded. Its fun to see how God is working thru all these churches. One thing that sticks out to me, and I have noticed as I study churches across the country, is a similar philosophy and strategy for reaching people for Jesus. While there are always differences, there do seem to be a number of approaches that line up. My belief is God is influencing a great number of church leaders to reach this world by giving them similar vision. I'm glad I am a part of it too.

Greg gave us a tour of Bent Tree's new place and it was amazing. They made a great space to worship and gather.


They are using a Venue console at FOH and a Yamaha LS9 for monitors as well as some Aviom mixes from FOH. The speakers are all Meyer boxes and lighting is controlled via a GrandMA. The same gear we use at our new Firewheel camnpus. Watermark also uses a Venue and GrandMa. Hmm... seems like we all agree on lots of things. Bent Tree also used Clark Pro Media for their system design and install. Clark was busy over the past few months going back and forth between Bent Tree and our Firewheel campus. I'm impressed they got it all done in a timely manner.

I hope you are able to meet up with some local tech guys from other churches in your area. Its a great way for me to get refreshed and always fun. Let me know if you are nearby and want to meet sometime. I would love to get to know more people in the area.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Ryan's Blog: otherwiseoccupied.org

4/07/2008 10:37:00 PM  
Blogger Social Media Team said...

Hey Jason,

I was out at Lake Pointe for about 8 months as the tech director back in 1999. I knew Wes from Prestonwood, and he replaced me when I left and came back to Fellowship Dallas. I'd love to have lunch some time.

Brian Davis

4/24/2008 09:12:00 PM  
Blogger Adam Brandon said...

I got to listen to the system at Bent Tree Bible Fellowship at the Innovation3 Conference when I went in January of this year. I was impressed with the actual roundness of the sound. There was little I had to say at all about it, Greg seems to do a good job and is a nice guy. I was fooled though when you said they had Meyer speakers. I don't know why, but I used to associate their boxy shape with Nexo's. Just goes to show you how new I am at this. :)

I am a sound technician at Healing Place Church in Baton Rouge, LA, and I am an intern here. I've been studying sound for 3 years and am learning a lot. So glad to be getting this post and keep up all you are writing. I will try and read it as much as I can. :)

3/30/2009 10:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home