Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Aviom troubles

Tonight, as our rehearsal was starting, I discovered a problem with our Aviom system. Half of the boxes had no audio. Hmm..a network problem I guess. working my way thru the system I find the last one that is working and get a new cable to the next one in the chain, still no audio. I finally put in a new box in the spot where the network seems to stop and snap, it all works. Best I can determine I have a bad output on the network side of the Aviom box. Considering these boxes never move and the network has been stable, I have no idea why one would just not output correctly. Now here is the oddest part, the little network light on each unit would light up when I plugged in the cable like it was seeing the network, but there was no audio. Looks like I will have to send it back to Aviom for repair.

I'll post some pictures of an easy way to add some punch to your stage with just a few lights and a projector.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kind of reminds me of some Christmas tree light diagnostics I've done before....

10/19/2006 04:55:00 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

When I was using the Avioms every once in a while they would freak out. Pulling the power and then plugging them back in sometimes fixed the problem.

10/19/2006 07:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home